In my humble opinion, my friend Debbie Hodge is the absolute QUEEN of layering ... her pages leave me with my jaw agape wondering "How the heck does she DO that?" I'm really excited about the new class she is offering over at Creative Passion and I want to spread the word about this opportunity to learn from a master scrapper AND teacher to all of my friends. Whether you scrap digitally, prefer traditional paper scrapping, or dabble in hybrid ... there's something for everyone in Debbie's class.
Debbie's attention to detail is evident in every page of her handouts, and if you're the type of learner who likes to SEE what's going on, you'll find her videos invaluable.
Here's a small taste of what the class includes:
Workshop runs Jan 24 – Feb 14
Master design techniques for layering on both clean and richly-packed scrapbook pages. Come away with ideas for using your stash and a stack of layouts you’ll love.this class is for paper and digital scrapbookers Class includes:
- 6 reasons layers belong on your scrapbook pages
- 2 things every layer must do
- 5 layered foundations for scrapbooking any photo combination
- 4-part formula for mixing patterns
- 3 mix-and-match approaches to making eye-catching focal points
- 7 ways to get “layers with lift”
- 3 hybrid foundations that use stash and dazzle the eye
- 8 perfect placements for embellishments
- 3 recipes for making embellishment clusters with your stash
Whether you like clean and simple scrapbook pages, freestyle collages, clustered groupings with lots of white space or something in between, layering adds interest and creates design unity. Lessons are illustrated with digital and paper pages including work by guest designers Dina Wakley, Doris Sander, and Lisa Dickinson.
Get two free resources as soon as you register:
- Learn Scrapbook Design Principles (in one 100+page pdf with 12 lessons): We’ll be referring to and using solid design principles throughout the class and this is an easy resource.
- Masterful Scrapbook Design “Layering” issue (seminar pdf, 3 video/audio interviews with Lisa Dickinson, Dina Wakley, and Amber Ries), focused lessons and annotated galleries.
You'll find more details and sign up info when you click right here! Beat the winter doldrums by treating yourself to a fantastic learning experience ... I know I'M looking forward to it!